All Other Fridays — Hosted on Aperture64
Highlighting the creative magic behind post-processed photos
Here you will find links to each ABFriday post, as well as guidelines to participate.
▶︎▶︎PLEASE NOTE THE NEW HOME FOR ABF BEGINNING 09/2015◀︎◀︎
January One Photo Focus
February One Photo Focus
March One Photo Focus
April One Photo Focus
May One Photo Focus
June One Photo Focus
July One Photo Focus
August 5 One Photo Focus
September 2 One Photo Focus (submission deadline EDT August 31)
October 7 One Photo Focus (submission deadline EDT Oct 5)
November 4 One Photo Focus (submission deadline EDT Nov 2)
December 2 One Photo Focus (submission deadline EST Nov 30)
To convert a submission deadline (midnight Wednesdays) or posting time (8am Fridays) to your own time zone, click on the image below, which will take you to a Time Converter application. Choose “USA – Washington DC” for the time and place to convert from. Choose your location to convert to. Then click on the green “Convert time” box.
After-Before Friday (ABF) posts provide an opportunity for photographers (amateur and seasoned, alike) to share their photos, and if they wish, their post-processing decisions. The photos will provide a fun “wow” factor; the post-processing descriptions, the “how.” The goal is to enjoy a behind-the-scenes look at others’ work while picking up helpful ideas along the way that each of us can use as we work with our own photos.
The first Friday of each month is designated ABFriday One Photo Focus (1PF), when all participants post-process the same image. If you wish to share your post-processing details, simply publish a post on your blog linking back to mine.
One Photo Focus How-To’s. The first Friday of each month. All participants edit the same photo.
- The photo to be edited will be revealed in the ABF post two weeks in advance.
- If you’d like to join in, email me at email@example.com to let me know. I will send you links to the full-sized RAW and jpeg files. Download the one you wish.
- To submit your images:
- Resize the image (longest side no longer than 1000 pixels). If you need help, let me know.
- Rename your image files.
- Your name One Photo Focus month
- Watermark: Given that the original photo will not be yours, if you do wish to watermark your image (many choose not to), please give credit to the original photographer. Some examples participants have used:
- Original photograph by _____; Edited by _____
- © _____ (edited by _____)
- _____ image edited by _____
- Email me your “after” image no later than Wednesday midnight EST two days prior to the post. Refer to the schedule (and, if needed, time zone converter) at the top of the page.
- Include the name of your blog and its web address.
- If you’re a new participant, let me know how you would like me to fill in your header. I use the format “Submitted by Your Name — Your Blog Title“.
- If you want, include a sentence or two describing something in general about the processing (what post-processing program(s) you used, perhaps?
- (Optional, but encouraged) On YOUR blog:
- Write a post with your photo. describing your post-processing steps.
- Tag your post with One Photo Focus and ABFriday.
- Describe your post-processing steps.
- Link to my One Photo Focus post. (I email the post link to you when you send me your submission.)
- Send me your link (I prefer the shortlink) with your submission or as soon as you schedule your post to publish.
- Scheduling your post:
- All ABF posts publish Friday mornings at 8 a.m. Eastern Standard Time. If you publish earlier, then there is no current ABF post to visit; if you publish later, anyone clicking on your gallery link in my post will get an error message until your post goes live. That being said, the choice about writing a post and when to schedule it is ultimately up to you, but with a group challenge like ABFriday or One Photo Focus, there is strength and fun in everyone’s posts being accessible at the same time. To get the most out of the challenges, I encourage you to schedule your posts for the equivalent time in your time zone. (See the Time Converter, above, for help.)
- If you do decide to publish beforehand and want to link to something:
- You can link back to this page or to visualventuring.com and state which week you submitted to and when the post will go live.
Thanks so much for your interest. If you have any questions, feel free to leave them in the comments section.